Tuesday, April 02, 2019

Neck Tie Quilt

This was my first Neck Tie quilt using the Dresden template.  Having seen this pattern but not having instructions, I had to figure out the number of ties per 12" square that would fit perfectly in the corner.  This was a order from someone at my office where I worked.  The ties were from the clients father who was a salesman and did a lot of traveling.  Out of 150 ties she gave me110 of the best ties.  I never expected this much work on one quilt.  Over a 4 month period it took me 140 hours of work.  Her father had passed and she gave it to her mom as a keepsake.  I had to take each tie apart and recut the Dresden templates from the ties, then making little ties and sewing them to a white 12" square.  I grouped them by color and design.   However I did not copy the quilt exactly the same as I saw it, I changed the border design.  I made small templates and used the same grouping of the ties and to break them up I took the Tie Labels and sewed them to white white fabric.  Therefore, making use of everything.  I waste no material.  I loved this quilt.







No comments: